This description encompasses two roles which depending on the needs of the business may be executed by one, two or more people.
Primary purpose (OPERATIONS FOCUS):
• Design and administration of the Quality Control Program for refined petroleum pipelines, refined petroleum marketing terminals and transmix processing operations.
• Management of quality control in daily operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities (OPERATIONS FOCUS):
• Provide operating instructions on switching procedures to ensure product specification and minimal downgrading.
• Give direction to control center and field locations to contain and efficiently resolve product quality problems.
• Communication with customers on product quality specifications, and issues resolution.
Primary purpose (COMPLIANCE FOCUS):
• Regulatory compliance for pipelines and terminals product quality.
• Products dealt with include diesel, jet fuels, butane, reformulated gasoline and conventional gasoline.
Essential duties and responsibilities (COMPLIANCE FOCUS):
• Monitor existing and proposed regulations, assess impact to current business and work to positively influence outcomes.
• Advise field operations of appropriate procedures in order to maintain fuel compliance.
• BS degree in physical science, engineering or related technical discipline.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• 5 years minimum experience managing quality assurance programs in the petroleum or industrial chemicals industry.
• Working knowledge of American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM), American Petroleum Institute (API) and other quality related specifications and procedures.
• Preferred - Knowledge of pipeline, terminal and/or transmix processing operations to provide direction on product quality issues and daily operations.
• Preferred - Understanding of governmental regulations related to properties, processing and distribution of diesel and jet fuel, butane, reformulated gasoline and conventional gasoline.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Company Insurance Carrier
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Demonstrated organizational skills to handle a variety of matters simultaneously
• Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation and discipline to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Ability to make decisions within tight timeframes to resolve quality control problems.
• Office work with periodic field trips to observe, audit and coach operators on quality assurance tasks.
• Exposure to petroleum products and laboratory chemicals within permissible limits
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
• Office environment with some travel to field locations
• Must carry a mobile phone and be able and willing to respond at any hour of the day or night to all after-hours and/or weekend/holiday issues, including emergency situations.
• Coordinates and supervises the activities of 1 or more direct reports who supervise quality control laboratory operations
Kinder Morgan - 23 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...