WeiserMazars LLP, the independent U.S. member firm of the Mazars Group, ranks as the 2 6 th largest audit, tax and advisory firm in the nation, and the 12 th largest in the New York Metropolitan area. We serve national and international clients from our headquarters in New York City and our offices in New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester, Chicago and Pennsylvania. Mazars Group ranks in the top ten largest audit, tax and advisory firms in the world. We currently have a career opportunity for a Tax Manager in our New York City office .
The ideal candidate should have CPA, MS in taxation or law degree and must possess significant experience in tax planning including the review of transactions in the acquisition, financing and disposition of real estate in the subchapter K areas as well as for real estate investment trusts. Qualified candidates must possess a broad understanding of the real estate industry and be able to be considered a trusted business advisor.
- Manage a portfolio of diverse real estate clients that are owner/operators of real estate
- Develop and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with clients
- Participate with Mazars global real estate tax practice
- Generate business development opportunities and participate in the proposal process
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business
- Review the work of staff
- Develop and guide staff professionals by providing effective performance feedback and training
- CPA, MS in taxation or law degree and 5-8 years of prior experience working in the tax department of a CPA firm, concentrated in serving real estate clients
- Excellent technical background and broad knowledge and experience in the application of subchapter K as well as experience advising real estate investment trusts
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, training, mentoring and staff development skills
- Ability to develop future leaders of the firm & lead by positive example
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a team mentality
- Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Dedicated to delivering five-star client service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to Ellis.Abramson@WeiserMazars.com . You must reference Job ID # RET . Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom we have an interest. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental plans
- 401(k) Plan
Monster - 19 months ago