Under the direction of the Senior Manager, the Regional Engineering Manager will manage the hub industrial engineers to ensure hub processes are properly supported and engineered. In addition, this position will provide hub management the necessary planning, measurement, and engineering analysis, and implement tools to increase productivity and quality to ensure the hubs attain service and financial goals. The Manager must ensure proper logistics engineering that will allow the hub to meet productivity, and cost and service goals in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Hire, promote, train, develop, direct, and discipline direct reports. Conduct annual performance evaluations, monthly development planning, and weekly staff and team meetings. Review and approve work product from direct reports.
- Accountable for hub goal attainment in the areas of service, mis-sort rates, and productivity, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Plans include, but not limited to, sort schedules, volume availability, and staffing plans. Ensure dock and engineering administration is in accordance with company policy and procedure. Identifies, assesses and appraises conditions which could result in or are the root cause of accidents, including evaluating potential extent of injuries and financial losses resulting from or anticipation of accident.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of the hub operation to identify areas of opportunity.
- Conduct hub operations training seminars, and participate in hub manager meetings. Train hub management on hub engineering principles, methods, and procedures.
- Assist upper management with the development of region goals and objectives. Create models and tools that will assist hub management with their planning and execution of the goals and objectives. Monitor hub performance, take corrective action when goals and objectives are not met, and report results to upper management.
- Analyze transportation metrics such as trailer utilization, delivery costs, carrier settlement, and on-time service, as well as current programs used to capture the information.
- Provide upper management with expert advice and recommendations to resolve issues, and improve cost, productivity, and performance. Manage and support the implementation of new technology development, day-to-day operation of the region, and operational efficiency initiatives. Champion peak planning process for region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Logistics or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years experience required in Hub industrial engineering experience in small package industry or related area.
- Experience in managing engineers in Operations, Transportation (engineering, logistics, routing, planning).
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Strong MS office skills, particularly with Excel in data manipulation and presentations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Databases and Microsoft Access.
- Basic Business Objects.
- Ability to learn new software/systems to complete tasks.
- High degree of interpersonal and interdisciplinary skills with a willingness to support team members.
- Requires solid, effective, verbal and written communication skills. Detailed orientated, with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as, both business and technical departments.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks, effectively direct the work of others, and adapt to changing priorities. Demonstrate commitment to Total Quality and the process of continuous improvement.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...