The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
The Manager of SEC Reporting is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all external financial reporting processes and initiatives. This individual is also responsible for identifying and driving reporting and controls improvement opportunities.
· Prepare and coordinate all periodic, quarterly and annual reporting of SEC filings, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and filing submission readiness
· Manage all other company filings (e.g. statutory and 401K reports)
· Assist with the preparation and coordination of other SEC filings as needed (e.g. Registration Statements)
· Interact on a regular basis with key members of various departments to gather, consolidate and analyze information
· Manage XBRL component of financial reporting and ensure the Company is in compliance with all XBRL requirements
· Ability to display a high level of initiative and commitment towards meeting strict deadlines and completing assignments efficiently and with attention to detail
· Supervise and develop team members
· Monitor policies and procedures as needed to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over external financial reporting
· Evaluate new accounting rules and SEC regulations to assess impact on the financial reporting process.
· Assist with and/or complete ad hoc projects as requested (e.g. benchmarking filings, research and document issues, special projects, etc.)
· Interact well with various levels of management and coordinate effectively with support departments (i.e. internal and external legal counsel, accounting, finance, treasury, investor relations and internal and external auditors)
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting
· Master's degree in Accounting, preferred
· 7+ years of collective practical accounting experience, including relevant experience with a publicly traded company in a similar SEC reporting role
· 4+ years of Big 4 auditing experience is preferable
· Proficient in financial statement preparation and SEC reporting
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Outback Steakhouse - 4 months ago
Outback Steakhouse Inc. (OSI) operates over 1230 restaurants in 50 states and 21 different countries. The company revenues exceed $3...