Virtela is the world's largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services - including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Location: Mumbai, India
- Minimum 8+ years of proven progressive experience in software engineering as a developer, team leader and/or project leader, delivering to cost, schedule, market and quality requirements
- Programming experience with C/C in a Windows development environment
- Software development experience with real time operating systems used in an embedded system environment
- Development experience in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience with Windows based platforms required.
- Strong, proactive, self motivating and professional work ethic
Technical and Other Skills
- Assure successful completion of software development projects, both new development and point releases, on time, to solution requirements including quality, and within budget
- Develop, establish and drive implementation of operational objectives
- Participate in the development of product design strategy
- Provide one-on-one coaching/development to the Development Team
- Identify solutions to issues that have a significant impact on meeting team and personal objectives, analyzing the alternatives, and selecting one or more alternatives that best support agreed upon objectives
- Continually assess opportunities for adoption of new technologies
- Follow and analyze market and competitive trends to ensure new products meet market/customer needs
- Assess, make judgments and develop the technical competence of team members
- Ability to inspire and promote teamwork
- Ability to aggregate multiple requirements and find alternative solutions to conflicting demands
- Be decisive and lead the team
- Ability to constructively set and maintain development scope with both internal and external customers
- Ability to anticipate consequences and exercise good judgment, both technical and professional
- Ability to prioritize and assign tasks to meet agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for product support organizations
- A minimum relevant experience of 8 years would be required for this position
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience
Virtela Technology Services Incorporated - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard