Title Senior Software Engineering Manager Job # 14246BR Job Function Information Technology City Marina del Rey State California Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description ARINC Surface Transportation Systems in Marina del Rey is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager. In this role you will be responsible for software engineering assignments and individual growth.
ARINC delivers state-of-the-art Advanced Information Management (AIM®) rail control centers that incorporate flexibility and features for commuter, subway, light-rail, or freight railway operators. ARINC maximizes the use of off-the-shelf hardware and software to keep costs down while updating and customizing existing communications and control systems.
At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Participate on a project team to adapt ARINC’s AIM rail control system to various new customers.
- Provide guidance to engineers to help develop a life cycle maintenance.
- Assure the process is followed across the software organization.
- Work closely with development engineers to assure operational systems are supported in coordination with the latest product features.
Qualifications Needed for Success:
- Thirteen (13) or more years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Seven (7) or more year’s of management experience in a Project/Program environment.
- Strong application software development knowledge and management skills to help build and development project teams.
- Strong understanding of product life cycle vs. a project life cycle.
- Understand and support all phases of the software engineering life cycle.
- Understand the tailoring process in order to develop both customer specific and product enhancements.
- Ability to manage technical capabilities, including resources in a specific area, processes and tools of the overall Engineering Department.
Education and/or Certification Required: Bachelors' degree in Engineering or Computer Science/MIS, Masters' degree preferred. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
- Be capable of working independently understanding the product and customer's needs.
- Understand the concept of matrix organization and implement the migrating plan to such organizations.
- Ability to lead and be responsible for the technical evaluation of employees using formal (ARINC’s Performance Appraisal System) and informal (daily interaction and counseling) methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.