The Manager – Supply Chain will directly manage the U.S. Business Unit Supply Chain Team in developing, implementing, and managing optimal procurement and logistics processes, complying with overall corporate supply chain strategies and developing and implementing local supply chain strategies that may be unique to the U.S. Business Unit. The Manager is a key member of the U.S. Business Unit and works very closely with business unit stakeholders providing functional leadership and accountability for the supply chain function, while acting as key liaison between the U.S. Business Unit and Corporate Supply Chain.
- Deliver transactional excellence, value creation opportunities and risk mitigation as a key member of the supply chain functional leadership team
- Ensure security of supply at optimal total cost of ownership to the business unit
- Maintain alignment between corporate supply chain strategy and the business unit strategy providing superb customer service to the business unit stakeholders
- Ensure corporate supply chain strategies are understood and successfully implemented within the business
- Ensure effective procurement and logistics processes support and enable business activities
- Communicate, train and execute approved supply chain activities and processes for the Canadian Business Unit assisting stakeholders to understand and participate in the proper processes.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- 10+ years relevant, preferably oil & gas, experience with a background in Legal, Business, Finance or distribution within Supply Chain Management;
- Business degree, MBA or equivalent; Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or equivalent is an asset.
- Proven expertise is required in the areas of tactical procurement and logistics processes, management of supplier relations and ERP and MRP business systems.
Leadership and management skills
- Possess strong analytical, leadership, customer focus and prioritization skills;
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, seek information and guidance;
- Must have solid negotiation skills with the ability to challenge established thinking
Sanjel Corporation - 7 months ago