Lead the development of marketing plans and oversee the delivery of the strategies and tactics within the plans to target trade allies, vendor partners and associations to help grow the Energy Efficiency business, which is highly dependant on these partners. This role works closely with the Sales and Program Operations team to ensure alignment on how we approach these partners, as well as directing marketing agencies to develop breakthrough/effective and attention getting communications that drive business results.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Develop high level strategies and plans for the development of effective partner(s) communications, in conjunction with internal and external business partners, which drive profitable business results and align with and support the overall US business strategy. • Translate business objectives into clearly defined integrated marketing plans, managing costs effectively and timelines in order to support business objectives.
- Manage project activities to ensure development of effective communications in order to position National Grid as a thought leader in energy management, drive business results and partner satisfaction.
- Work with business units, within Marketing and the wider National Grid organization, to translate objectives into well defined customer communications requirements.
- Lead, motivate and develop professional staff; prioritize work and resources;provide direction to various communication support teams in order to ensure plan objectives and results are achieved.
- Monitor the external marketplace to keep up to date with best practice and emerging trends in new technology communications, and apply knowledge to put in place improvements in National Grid’s development and delivery of partner communications.
- Determine and direct appropriate agencies or internal support teams in developing actionable creative communications that conform to US Brand guidelines and drive business results.
- Define key performance indicators and metrics to track and improve communication effectiveness and results.
- Initiate appropriate customer research, if required, in the development of key messages that get attention and optimize communications based on partner needs, attitudes and preferences.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing/Communications. MBA preferred
- Experience working with/and marketing to vendors and trade allies for 5-7+ years
- Understanding utilities and energy marketplace.
- Experience in managing external suppliers and agencies
- Sets and commits to achieving/exceeding challenging goals to improve results and creates breakthrough ideas, while ensuring budgets are optimized, through drive and ambition in order to effectively balance the interests of National Grid’s customers, shareholders.
- Adapts influencing and negotiating approach and considers what is important to different audiences to form effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and ensure a win-win outcome for all parties.
- Demands high performance and makes the consequences of non-performance clear in developing high customer communications.
- Promotes team effectiveness by soliciting input from team members, communicating expectations and delegating responsibilities while providing support and structure to collectively achieving objectives.
- Identifies the key stakeholders in the organization and uses that information and the informal organizational structure to effective collaborate across all parts of the organization to get things done
Monster - 10 months ago