The Manager - Commercial Sales Training is responsible for leading the development of brand specific training materials as well as delivery of product knowledge, clinical selling and associated promotional materials to Sales, Managed Markets and other Product Management associates as required. PLEASE REFER TO JOB CODE 1513 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
The Role is broken out into three key ‘role' areas: Training, Tactical Execution and Coaching & Development. A description of the responsibilities is included under each of the roles. Please note that the Core Competencies and Key Behaviors for this position are provided under a separate attachment.
The Manager-Commercial Sales Training assists in the development of disease state, brand specific training programs, needs assessments, and all other relevant training initiatives.
• Develops content for and facilitates initial New Hire Training.
• Coordinates efforts of Regional Field Trainers in New Hire Training.
• Responsible for developing training activities, including bulletins associated with promoting and maintaining brand strategies and tactics.
• Creates and facilitates workshops for POA and other meetings.
• Acts as the training liaison between Sales Operations, Managed Markets and Marketing for New Hires and existing field sales associates.
• Creates and develops educational bulletins by leveraging Commercial Operations, Marketing, Managed Markets and Field-Based Medicine.
The Manager-Commercial Sales Training executes the training requirements identified in the overall Training & Leadership Development Business Plan.
• Collaborates with Marketing team, and other cross-functional partners (i.e. Sales Ops) to assist in the development of product specific training curricula related materials (i.e. learning systems, launch training, Pre & Post POA (Plan of Action) workshops, etc.) aligned to the strategic brand plans.
• Ensures all developed materials are appropriately approved through the Medical/Legal/Regulatory (ARC) process.
COACHING & DEVELOPMENT:
The Manager-Commercial Sales Training provides timely coaching and feedback to enable trainees to excel in training and meet the desired results laid out by the Director - Commercial Sales Training.
• Completes feedback reports that summarize performance and key developmental needs relating to product knowledge, core competencies, and selling skills.
• Acts as liaison with the ABM Sales, Training and Marketing Advisory Board.
• Conducts field visits with ABMs to keep abreast of current trends, to identify development opportunities for coaching skills.
Education and/or Experience::
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of five to seven years related experience in specialty pharmaceutical / biotech sales, including a minimum of two years internal sales training experience, or regional training experience.
• Prior experience in Marketing preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: :
• Strong in-depth knowledge of Specialty Biotech / Pharma
Computer skills: Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid and current driver's license and current auto insurance
Other Skills and Abilities::
• Excellent verbal / presentation and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, team building, influencing and leadership skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time.
Location: Corporate Office:
This position requires the ability to work on-site in 5 days per week our corporate office located in Ardsley, NY
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The average travel for this position is 10-15% with some variation based upon time of the year and demands of business imperatives. Travel is for Regional and National POA meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acorda Therapeutics - 2 years ago