The purpose of this position is to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of news, studies, reports, public policies, statistical data and other information, and generate intellectual capital which promotes understanding of the advantages of coal. The position consists of a full range of analytical functions of a confidential nature as well as interaction with senior executives in a global, fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily review of news, studies, reports, public policies, statistical data and other information relevant to coal and energy.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of information to generate intellectual capital such as summaries, proof points, fact checks, rapid responses, rebuttals, etc.
- Distill complex information and data into credible, discerning and insightful observations and takeaways.
- Collaborate with communications specialists to convert quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling, easy-to-understand content for use through multiple channels.
- Establish and maintain a repository of intellectual capital to support senior management.
- Work in conjunction with Global Energy Analytics team as needed.
- Must demonstrate superior analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong ability to work at both the detailed analytical level and summary level on projects and assignments with speed and accuracy. Capable of processing high volume of information efficiently.
- Good general management, organization and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize various projects, modification requests, etc. which may be in progress simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the team and exercises sound judgment to further department goals.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative and a responsive style, supportive of staff and management.
- Four-year degree from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate environment preferred.
- CPA, MBA or other graduate degree preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Energy industry knowledge preferred.
- Candidate to participate in case study exercise prior to hire.
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...