Manager Assistant-CIO Office-13001415
This is an exciting growth opportunity within American Express Technologies (AET) for a technologies professional looking to broaden their experience in the office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The Manager Assistant will be responsible for the coordination, execution, tracking, and measurement of key activities in the CIO office. The successful candidate will play a role in the support of AET’s digital transformation and will handle a broad range of business management challenges, collaborating across multiple business lines and working with AET leaders. This position will report to the VP Assistant to the CIO.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the VP Assistant in the smooth running of the CIO office, including liaising with senior AET leaders in the execution of tactical and strategic initiatives.
In addition, the incumbent will:
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide support to the VP Assistant in the coordination, collation, and creation of presentation materials to support key initiatives
- Coordinate the tracking and reporting of key operational metrics
- Own the coordination of multiple strategic projects with broad AET and American Express (AXP) impact
- Manage and coordinate multiple project work streams across various disciplines and stakeholders, including tracking key activities and milestones, managing deliverables to deadlines, integrating activities across work streams, and surfacing project risks and concerns, as appropriate
- Partner closely with AET communications for the development and execution of employee engagement initiatives (town halls, communications, leadership meetings, etc.)
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, as necessary
The successful candidate needs to be a highly organized, anticipatory, and detail-oriented individual with strong leadership, influencing, and collaboration skills. Specifically, candidates will be expected to:
- Have a strong attention to detail, a positive "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude, and the desire to deliver premium quality work
- Possess experience creating and delivering presentations to senior-level leadership
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Have previous experience in the financial services and/or technology sectors
- Work well under pressure, be results-driven while still flexible, and able to balance multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and comfortable interacting with all levels of the company
- Provide strategic thought leadership and financial acumen, with an ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots,” and drive results while working with minimal direction
- Have strong analytical skills; Ability to accurately organize and track complex quantitative data to notice trends and develop qualitative recommendations
- Possess excellent judgment and independent thinking skills
- Have strong integrity and be able to handle projects of sensitive and confidential nature
- Identify and encourage the sharing of best practices across teams and locations
- Possess excellent time management skills, including ability to prioritize, multi-task, and handle time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Typically holds a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or other related field, or has equivalent work experience
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 23 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...