At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Manager Federal Income Tax #27150
Puget Sound Energy’s Tax Department is looking for a Manager Federal Income Tax to join our team! This manager participates in and reviews the tax provisions and the filing of income tax returns. The ideal candidate forms strong relationships with other departments and provides thought leadership and contributes to strategy support and formation.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and builds effective teams.
- Manages the work of others while retaining ownership of some higher level tasks.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Participates in the preparation and review of tax returns.
- Creates, gathers, and maintains sufficient records to support the tax provision and tax return.
- Researches proper tax treatment of items in tax provisions or tax returns.
- Reviews monthly journal entries to record tax activity.
- Supports and educates other departments on tax matters.
- Represents the department at company meetings.
- Leads in special projects within the department or company.
- Monitors internal controls and actively updates SOX 404 procedures.
- Acts as the primary point of contact between the company and the taxing authority.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to strategy formation.
- Keeps up-to-date on current tax law changes and pronouncements, including industry trends, practices, and developments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- Strong technical tax skills.
- Strong tax accounting skills and a solid knowledge of GAAP.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- 10 years of relevant tax experience.
- Master’s degree with focus in taxation.
- Utility taxation experience.
- Experience with SAP, RIA Checkpoint, RIA Onesource, and PowerTax.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers