Project Manager - Project Management Quality Process Engineering-13008940
Overview of The Department:
The Customer Service Office utlizes complaint data and analytics to drive and support root cause improvemetns for stronger compliance and better customer experience. This Manager will lead for the Banks in working with our business and servicing partners to drive proactive change to create value, prevent defects, strengthen customer experience and manage risk.
The incumbent will:
- Lead projects and process design efforts to prevent defects, strengthen the customer experience and reduce risk.
- Execute innovative solutions and drive end to end operational excellence for complaints.
- Evolve and strengthen processes to proactively ensure customer fairness and protection.
- Assist the leader to evolve and drive the existing process to higher levels of effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
- Drive continued refinement and lead to instill a culture of proactive control enhancement and defect elimination.
- Interact closely with key affiliate partners such as World Services, Marketing, Compliance and Ethics, General Counsel, Internal Control/Operational Risk, American Express Technologies, Risk Management, Credit Operations, etc.
- Stay abreast of Regulatory and legislative changes pertaining to banking and credit card practices that may impact American Express, and conform with and abide by all related regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Results driven, able to lead and influence without direct authority in a heavily matrixed environment and process.
- Strong relationship skills, demonstrated leadership, and ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with developing, changing and sometimes ambiguous circumstances and processes.
- U.S. Banking and/or Consumer and Small Business Card experience strongly preferred, including knowledge of supporting services, functions and processes. – Background and understanding of U.S. consumer protection laws and regulations helpful.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and competing and changing priorities under pressure, meet deadlines and act decisively.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management proficiency required and Quality/Six Sigma applied knowledge and certification highly desirable.
- College Degree in a business related field, and/or commensurate professional work experience required.
- Demonstrates appropriate computer software skills and abilities (Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc.)
Primary Location: US-Utah-Salt Lake City
American Express - 15 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...