Position Title: Manager II - Overseas Grants
Dept : Overseas Finance
Location: Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Director-Overseas Finance
The Manager of the Grants and Contacts Accounting Unit is responsible to provide leadership to a team of professionals who are responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the post-award process for all grant funded projects. This position coordinates compliance with CRS finance policies and procedures, best practices, GAAP, FARS and applicable donor regulations. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of ongoing systemic improvements in process and procedure to maximize the efficient use of CRS resources including the proactive identification and resolution of issues imposed by non-USG donors.
Grant and Contract Financial Management
Federal Contracting Services
- Manage HQ-based grants unit team to ensure the timely and accurate processing and reconciliation of grant financial information.
- Ensure that all fiscal matters relating to CRS DSN’s 5000 to 9999 and their related cost shares including, federal, state, and private grants, contracts and related external support awards are handled in accordance with applicable donor regulations such as the USG (OMB Circular A-122 and A-133 guidelines, FASB,etc), United Nations, European Union, Global Fund, and private foundations .
- Coordinate the analysis, reconciliation, and fiscal closeout of public resource award funding.
- Monitor liability/receivable positions of accounts 3031, 3032, 3033, 3035 and 3036 against awards and provide timely notification to parties responsible for receivable collections.
- Coordinate analysis and reconciliation of 1231/1232/6166 balance in connection to 6903 and 6904 accounts
- Oversee financial compliance of grants, contracts and other agreements by regular monitoring of their status and communication of the results to the appropriate internal and external offices
- Develop and implement quality control procedures to ensure data accuracy and the resolution of process weaknesses and data corruption issues.
- Support management in the identification and resolution of financial risks associated with grants, contracts, and related cost share obligations.
- Support Country Programs’ use of Sun Systems as a grant management tool.
- Ensure tracking of all agency grant/contract agreements and vital statistics in files and the grant database.
- Supervise the Maintenance of grant awards and all financially related documents.
- Liaison with Domestic Finance on technical support for developing tools for grants analysis.
Donor Reporting, Monitoring, and Invoicing
- Develop financial systems and capacities to strengthen CRS ability to compete, win and administer Federal contracts.
- Update and maintain grants/contract data base for all Federal contracts.
- Develop Federal Contracting compliance materials for finance related topics such as cost accounting, pricing and invoicing.
- Maintain contract documentation soft and hard copy files in accordance with FAR regulations and CRS requirements.
- Coordinate and fulfill all HQ financial reporting requirements for active, expired and closed grants.
- Develop systems and capacities required for Federal contracting.
- Monitor deadlines and deliverables for financial reports.
- Ensure standard reporting templates for a variety of grant related purposes.
- Provide proactive reporting on financial status of grants
- Oversee CRS adherence to donor financial reporting requirements and review donor agreements for compliance with Agency financial standards.
- Represent CRS Finance in its relationship with external donors and internal customers in the public resource area.
- Provide grant support for donors and other influenced stakeholders.
- Keep current on all public resource funding regulations and accounting updates that affect overseas reporting.
Technical Support, Training and Management
- Coordinate and lead A-133 audit process for Overseas Finance.
- Align year-end process to collect appropriate information to feed in and prepare for a successful A-133 audit.
- Ensure technical coordination between Country Programs and other agencies for all requested external audits.
- Coordinate risk management by ensuring that appropriate actions are identified, recommended and implemented to address internal and external grant audit findings.
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff):
- Contribute to team-based development and rollout of enhanced financial policy and procedures.
- Coordinate Oversees Grants Support Unit TDYs to assist Country Programs with staff capacity building, resolving major grant financial reporting issues, etc. Also, ensure that Overseas Grants Support Unit participates in TDYs in coordination with other Overseas Support Departments that ensure appropriate development of grant proposals to ensure appropriate financial reporting of the award.
- Provide technical advice and interpretation of governmental regulations and foundation financial reporting requirements
- Work with Overseas Operations to identify solutions and alternative mechanisms to meet donor requirements without compromising systems.
- Coordinate support for Country Programs to strengthen grants management processes and practices.
- Coordinate the delivery of responsive service to overseas and domestic staff on all finance related questions on grants and contracts funding.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
Key Working Relationships:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Internal: Director of Overseas Finance Manager of the Overseas Accounting Unit, Manager for Systems and Training, Associate Director Policy Development, CFO and his direct reports, OSD Management and Support staff, Regional Directors, OSD Management and Support staff, Regional Directors, RFOs,Country Representatives, Country Finance staff, and Internal Audit.
External: External Auditors, donor representatives, and consultants.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage a staff of 6 direct reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, negotiation, interface, verbal and written communications, and resource management abilities.
- Knowledge of Federal Grant Reporting Guidelines, Federal Contracting RRequirements and FARS, and A-133 Audit Compliance
- Experience in monitoring complex budgets and applying accounting principles.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects concurrently under deadline pressure and changing priorities in a high-volume setting.
- Creativity and initiative.
- Strong accounting knowledge and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain strong customer service and communicate in a diplomatic, friendly, yet effective manner,
- Ability to lead a diverse team in a manner consistent with the Agency’s mission, values, and objectives.
- Ability to recruit, manage, train, and motivate staff effectively in a fast-paced environment. Proven capacity to develop a team approach towards improved quality of service.
- Commitment to staff development and promotion of qualified staff.
Travel: This position may require international travel up to 25%.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- 6 years of supervision and staff management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of MS Office required. Knowledge of Sun Systems and JD Edwards preferred.
- Knowledge of fund accounting and U.S. Government funding regulations for non-profit organizations, preferred.
- Field-based experience preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work additional hours during critical implementation periods.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or work location country at time of application .
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Catholic Relief Services - 2 years ago