The Manager II-Business Operations Security position serves as the principle subject matter expert, advisor and strategist for the development, deployment, administration and management of all physical security systems (access control, alarms and video) for the corporation, and is expected to anticipate requirements and recommend proven, fiscally sound state-of-the-art technology solutions that mitigate risk, maintains continuity of operations and safeguards personnel and assets. In close collaboration with IT, researches and deploys technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to enhance the overall security posture of the company. The position also produces and justifies to senior security management, and is accountable for, a multi-million dollar physical security budget ($15M+); and, manages the relationship with contract security system integrators and the contract security guard vendor. The Manager-Business Operations Security requires availability on a 24/7 basis to provide guidance to staff on resolutions of security matters, as necessary. The Manager II-Business Operations Security reports to the Director, Critical Infrastructure.
- Supervises a staff of 11 security professionals and time embedded security contractors.
- .Managing a team responsible for access control to the company's 6,000+ facilities.
- Conducting security incident investigations.
- Conducting risk assessments.
- Developing and maintaining liaison with business units relative to their physical security concerns., security system design and installation as well as system repair and maintenance.
- Developing security policies and procedures.
- Manages the security guard contract for security officers assigned to company facilities and for the 24/7 security command center which monitors alarms, video and access globally.
- MUST POSESS PROBLEM MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
- Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Possess demonstrated experience in specifying and deploying large scale security systems.
- Managing multi million dollar capital projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a departmental capital and expense budget.
- Strong working knowledge of the Lenel access control system is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power Point, Excel and Word is required.
- Four year college degree in Business, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study.
- Three+ years of practical experience in a significant enterprise system leadership role.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 16 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...