If you're interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then BE Aerospace may be right for you. As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets a career at BE Aerospace is beyond what you'd expect in a job. At B/E your ideas, your talents, and your experiences are utilized for more than your day-to-day duties. They're used to shape a global organization. It's your opportunity to make a real difference each day and be part of something bigger.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, B/E Aerospace's Commercial Aircraft Segment is seeking an energetic, self-starter for the position of Manager of Prototype Seats with our Seating Products Group in Winston-Salem, NC. The Manager of Prototype Seats provides management review and control over multiple engineering prototype projects and sample seat administration. This role serves as back up to the Testing Manager
and Department Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages manufacturing and assembly of prototypes for all SPG products.
- Coordinates closely with EDL purchasing group to ensure on-time delivery of materials to projects.
- Responsible for EDL machine shop.
- Responsible for sample seat administration, maintenance and logistics.
- Focuses on managerial concerns of projects such a completion date and resource allocation and cost; provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Reviews technical concepts of major projects and provides feedback to design engineering.
- Personally participates in solving particularly difficult technical problems.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance reviews, and training needs.
- Manages exempt and nonexempt associates.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university; and at least 8 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to suchs tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.