POSITION TITLE: Retail Store – Manager Trainee
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
Learn how to manage the activities of a retail store in a manner that will ensure maximum profitability and efficiency, while creating a positive image of GIRE in the community. Must have the ability to travel to multiple locations and fill in where needed. Be prepared to transfer to an open store location once it becomes available.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO:
Employees, consumers, and Volunteers assigned to the store.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve or exceed the planned expense/revenue ratio. Monitor ratio daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Manage the intake and processing of donations to achieve or exceed the daily production and sales goals.
- Maintain inventory quality standards and set standards for each department.
- Provide professional customer service.
- Bring up to standard all issues that surface during each store visit, using the appropriate checklist. Complete this within the required time frame.
- Maintain required sales, inventory, and supply records. Send accurate and complete paperwork to the appropriate department at the Administrative Office. Accurately complete and submit employee and consumer payroll records.
- Manage store in accordance with high professional work ethics and integrity.
- Maintain displays and utilize all marketing tools per established procedures.
- Maintain facility and grounds in a neat and clean condition at all times. Promptly report needed repairs/replacements to the Retail Regional Manager
- Follow and enforce Loss Prevention and Safety Procedures at all times. Provide a safe work environment.
- Attend management meetings as requested. Provide information for effective planning.
- Back up any position in the store as needed to accomplish goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Retail Regional Manager.
- Minimum of three years experience in increasingly responsible supervisory/management position in the retail sales field.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to supervise and train employees and consumers.
- Respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times.
- Able to positively influence and motivate CTC Staff.
- Organized and able to work independently.
- Experience in budget control, cash management, and basic fiscal controls.
- Knowledge and experience in merchandising techniques.
- Good communication skills, both in writing, and orally.
- Able to lift up to and including 50 pounds.
- Must have access to a vehicle, current driver’s license, and acceptable DMV report for insurance purposes.
- Must have access to a phone to receive emergency and coverage calls.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
A clean office, retail and production setting. Moderate to low noise and dust levels. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting. Cement floors.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Continuous mobility within the store, with occasional lifting, stretching, and bending. Occasional fine finger movement. Vehicle travel. Manual to gross manual dexterity.
Regional Retail Manager
Goodwill - Redwood Empire - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard