Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading product lines in three segments: Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies. With 2011 revenue of $11.6 billion, Covidien has 41,000 employees worldwide in more than 65 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Please visit http://www.covidien.com to learn more about our business.
Founded as Mallinckrodt in 1867, the $2 billion Covidien pharmaceutical segment is in the process of spinning off into a separate business. This creates exciting opportunities to grow your career within an established organization that is soon to be an independent public company. Currently, the Company expects that the spinoff process will be completed in mid-2013. While we are undergoing the process, the pharmaceuticals business remains a segment of Covidien, and will continue to operate according to the Company’s strategic plan, focusing on our customers and patients who rely on our products. Equally important, pharmaceuticals’ mission remains the same: To make diagnostics and medicines better and safer for you and your family.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Training Manager is responsible for developing, managing, conducting and supervising training and development programs for all site employees. This includes new employee orientation, job performance training, Standard Operating Procedure training as well as cGMP quality/compliance training and Environmental/Health/Safety/HR. The ultimate goal is to achieve overall regulatory compliance, job proficiency and personnel development and advancement. The position supervises a small group of technical training personnel.
Primary areas of accountability include 1) Establishment/delivery of consistent, accurate, current learning content that is applicable and relevant to the audience. 2) Ensuring all training is completed and documented in accordance with regulatory requirements. 3) Oversight and management of training staff by evaluating performance, ensuring customer satisfaction and driving goals and objectives. 4) Establishment of training metrics to monitor compliance, measure effectiveness and demonstrate quality/strategic alignment 5) Implementing and presenting HR programs and functions.
- Lead effort to identify necessary job compentencies and develop training curricula which support identified job competency requirements. Top priority are operations positions.
- Work with Quality and EHS to continuously improve compliance based training initiatives.
- Oversee New Employee Orientation including evaluation of the program for effectiveness.
- Oversee on-boarding program to ensure consistency across functions and applicability to the entire work force. Create metrics to ensure performance of program continues to exceed employee's expectations.
- Maintain and operate the learning management system and maintain electronic/paper documentation
- Support cross functional and cross organizational learning and development initiatives.
- Develop site Train the Trainer certification program based on site needs and customer feedback.
- Assist with On-The-Job Training (OJT) as requested.
- Generate and provide regular updates to Sr. Mgt.
- Interact with training colleagues, staff, customers, management, consultants, contractors, and vendors in a professional, collaborative, respectful manner to ensure that their technical and compliance-based training requirements are met.
- May use and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer in-house training programs.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques.
- Maintain communication with site senior management at all times to identify and resolve any technical and compliance-based training issues
Bachelors Degree in a Technical/Business/Training or related field.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: Technical writing; Microsoft Office; Oral, written and presentation communication proficiency.
3- 5 years supervisiory experience. 5+ years experience as a training professional, preferably managing training programs in a manufacturing environment.
Technical writing; Microsoft Office; Oral, written and presentation communication proficiency.
As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering spirit,...