The Kitchen Manager-in-Training is responsible for assisting the chef-instructor in maintaining the college’s standards of professionalism, safety, sanitation, and quality food preparation in the kitchen. The employee will assist in ordering and inventory of produce, meats, and seafood and monitor the levels of daily food waste within the kitchens.
• Coordinate all aspects of kitchen organization and maintain standards of cleanliness
• Supervise and train student assistants; provide professional leadership and direction
• Work with to manage student assistant labor costs
• Support and assist the CIA Consulting Teams
• Maintain an open line of communication with meat room, seafood kitchen, and storeroom.
• Verify food orders and insure delivery of all food products to the proper kitchens, analyze product ordering to limit waste and decrease food costs
• Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of all kitchen supplies
• Oversee the production and plating of student menu items
• Act as a liaison between chef instructor and curriculum management; provide editorial feedback on recipes, portion sizes, ingredient usage, etc.
• Interact and assist CE customers; both professional and food enthusiasts
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested
• AOS Degree
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
• Well organized - able to handle multiple projects
• Teamwork is essential; must be resourceful and adaptable
• Detail oriented
• Must be able to work autonomously
• Experience in a customer service setting required
• Previous work in the CIA Consulting Department
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule with may include some Saturdays
Culinary Institute of America - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard