The Recipe Testing MIT will be responsible for managing the testing and development of recipes for the preparation of manuscripts for submittal and publication. The Recipe Testing MIT will also be responsible for the management of the test kitchen and any recipe testers. The Recipe Testing MIT will be supervised by the Recipe Testing Manager and will coordinate all aspects of the job with the person in that position.
• Work with Recipe Testing Managers to determine the amount or testing required for each book project.
• Responsible for updating the status of recipe testing for each project.
• Provide training and information sessions for chefs and student workers to orient with project, describe specific requirements of project, review recipe reporting procedures
• Consult with appropriate content experts during testing to correct recipe, incorporating notes from consultation into documentation of recipe
• Correct/update recipes and supply such notes and recipes to the Recipe Testing Manager
• Execute recipes slated for publication (baking and pastry as well as savory) and complete appropriate testing documentation
• Provide lists, hard copies, and electronic versions of recipes to be tested to testers and recipe testing managers upon request
• Provide hard copies and electronic versions of recipes reports upon request
• Provide tasting forms (hard copy) upon request
• Work with recipe testing managers/chef to determine if recipes need to be retested, redeveloped, or eliminated from book
• Update the recipe testing manual as needed
• Manage the day to day responsibilities related to kitchen maintenance and upkeep
• Maintain inventory and place food orders. The Recipe Testing MIT will also need to procure food from specialty food and grocery stores upon request.
• Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or Baking & Pastry Arts required
• Previous experience in the Publishing department test kitchen required
• Some management experience preferred
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Ability to multi-task and juggle various projects
• CIA account must be in Good Standing
• GPA must be a 2.8 minimum (will not accept candidates with a GPA lower than 2.8)
• Absences: AOS - 5 maximum BPS - 20 maximum
Total for BPS could be 25 if it includes AOS
• Demerits: 3 demerits maximum (none withing the last 6 months)
Culinary Institute of America - 9 months ago