Manager of Business Development - Sales-13013145
With over 150 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We are moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Shouldn't you represent one of the world's most distinguished brands? Shouldn't you be part of a dynamic sales team and earn excellent rewards for your contributions? If you have proven ability to establish new business, advance your career with one of the World’s most respected and recognized companies.
The Manager of Business Development’s key responsibility is to expand the transactional coverage for merchants in the Maryland market. This position will identify relevant merchant prospects within a specified charge volume range ($100K+), implement effective sales strategies and solutions, and sign establishments to openly welcome the Card as a form of payment in their business.
Managers of Business Development utilize in-depth knowledge of American Express, the marketplace, multiple industries, and their prospects’ business to provide solutions that address customer needs and add value. They must possess the ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations, and use excellent consultative selling skills to ensure long-term relationship building and meet business goals.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Researching and synthesizing marketplace and competitive information
* Mastering credit card industry and customer financials in order to demonstrate expertise and articulate the value of our solutions
* Coordinating all internal resources necessary to facilitate each signing
* Executing proper account set-up (e.g. Card acceptance procedures, activation, reconciliation)
* Selling card products and business solutions where applicable
A successful Manger of Business Development:
* Uses prospecting and cold calling skills to identify, qualify, and act on leads with a sense of urgency
* Has a disciplined approach to pipeline management, adhering to required time cycles
* Maintains extensive up-to-date knowledge about the industries, customers, and marketplace they serve
* Possesses the ability to plan strategically and execute successfully
* Demonstrates strong time management, analytical, organizational, decision-making, and negotiation skills
* Has excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
* Exhibits strong integrity, ethics, and leadership qualities
* A University degree and 3 years of successful high volume outside sales experience selling on value vs. price
* Applicant must have valid driver's license and a good driving record
* Proficiency with PC applications (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Must be independent and able to work from a home office environment
* Working knowledge of related AMEX products and services is considered an asset
* Some travel
* Must reside in Maryland
Primary Location: US-Maryland
American Express - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...