City: East Rutherford
State: New Jersey
Postal/Zip Code: 07073
Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset and still hold true to the core values of our humble beginnings that has made us a true success.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing Human Resources leadership, guidance, and counsel to Allied Building Products employees on company guidelines, associate relations issues, compliance issues and performance management.
II. Key Responsibilities
• Work in partnership with HR Director to provide guidance to in the handling of associate relations issues and exercise care that situations are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory
• Gains credibility by building collaborative relationships with the Vice Presidents, Regional Managers, and employees as well as others in the HR organization
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Makes recommendations, provides solutions, and resolves issues as challenges arise
• Communicates to organization regarding HR initiatives through both verbal and written communication
• Keep abreast of legislation affecting human resources and monitor company guidelines and make recommendations for required changes
• Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department; and recommend new approaches, guidelines, and procedures to affect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed
III. Professional Skills
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio) and HRIS proficient; Verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• HR generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, compensation, performance management and training and development
• Coaching and conflict resolution skills
• Familiarity with applicable federal and state regulations
• Must be familiar with a variety of HR concepts, practices and procedures
• Project management skills
• BS Degree in HR or related field
• 5+ years of progressive HR generalist experience
• 5+ years experience in an HR management role
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations
What Allied Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest in the Allied family. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...