Great account management is the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are changing the world. We are the right place to apply and build on your skills and talents.
The Manager of Field Account Management position will provide oversight and direction to a team of Field Account Managers across several sales offices in the Carolinas. This person will be responsible for enhancing the service experience of our customers, thereby enhancing loyalty and retention. This is a new role and the successful candidate will play an active role in creating structure and process for the team to improve the total customer experience, through wellness activities, ongoing communications around various administrative/service related changes, determining service trends, and training on tools and resources.
- Assist in setting strategy for service, communication and wellness activities.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with customers and brokers.
- Develop structure and process for Field Account Manager daily activities.
- Create value around communication and wellness.
- Manage and monitor Field Account Manager client assignments.
- Maintain an acceptable level of persistency in teams' book of business, and contribute to segment's overall retention.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage Field Account Manager staff.
- Personnel development and management.
- Present a positive image of UHG to the marketplace.
- Detailed understanding of all UHC products, services and solutions.
- Working knowledge of ancillary product lines.
- Ability to identify and communicate the need for improvements in UHC products and services.
- Understands and can communicate goals, operating principles, strategies and competitive position of UHC.
- Ability to navigate UHC internal departments to produce positive service results for clients and the company.
- Solid understanding of internal partners, roles, responsibilities and processes.
- Effectively manages difficult service situations to a positive result.
- Anticipates problems and develops contingency plans.
- Consistent performer.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to grasp new ideas and products.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Highly effective strategic planning abilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Consistently models a customer-focused approach.
- Ability to influence and negotiate complex situations.
- Complex problem solving ability.
- Ability to recruit, hire and monitor staff.
- Strong training skills.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Ability to consistently manage and direct cross-functional teams to successful outcomes.
- Strong personnel development and management skills.
- Ability to mentor staff.
- Ability to direct and manage service plans.
- Values and promotes diversity within his/her organization.
- Ability to make difficult decisions.
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's Degree or 7 years relevant sales experience
- 7 years people management experience
- 7 years working with brokers/consultants
- 7 years experience meeting sales goals/targets
- 7 years experience using data analysis to drive change
- 5 years proficiency in Microsoft suite to include, word, excel, powerpoint
- Sales Insurance License Maintained by Law
- Willingness to travel as required
- Must maintains valid driver's license
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 23 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...