Our end client, a major technology company in Palo Alto, CA is looking for a personable team player to support their worldwide Globalization teams. This position is an onsite contract position working through one of the Client's major professional services suppliers.
The position is in Palo Alto, CA. Limited contract : 3-6 months. Great onsite experience at a major Silicon Valley company.
As a Managed Services Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating efficient recruitment, hiring and training of new team members for both the Program Management and Project Management teams in Globalization that work onsite for the Client.
• Work with company to ensure the Managed Services portal is up to date, and drive the implementation of changes to accommodate new requirements as they are defined.
• Work with company to ensure all users have access credentials and appropriate training for the portal and make updates as needed.
• Work with Client Program and Project Management hiring leads to update existing job descriptions and develop new job descriptions as needed.
• Coordinate with Client Program and Project Management hiring leads to plan for upcoming hiring needs.
• Coordinate with the company team to onboard new hires and provide access to Client offices, systems and processes.
• Work with Client teams to ensure new hires are fully trained and integrated into their new role.
• Manage the overall managed services program, including identifying and implementing strategic process improvements for the program
• Bachelor's degree or foreign language equivalent required.
• Fluency in English required.
• 5+ years program and/or project management experience in Localization industry required. Experience working on corporate side preferred.
• Solid track record managing multipart programs involving outside resources and internal corporate dynamic.
• Experience with vendor management, establishing budgets and tracking expenditures.
• Excellent verbal / written communication and analytical skills and the ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment.
• Attention to detail as well as ability to see the big picture and make both tactical and strategic decisions.
• Familiarity with MS Office, Outlook, and basic database functionality required.
• Familiarity with Sharepoint preferable.
• Ability to work within an environment that is growing fast and changing frequently; high level of agility and adaptability, and ability to handle stress and constant change positively.