The Manager of Marketing and Media Services plays a major role in the strategic development of marketing and communications for the School of Law, with emphasis on student recruitment, alumni engagement and increased regional and national awareness of the School. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and team player with creativity, sound judgment, high level competence with graphic design, print and electronic media, strong customer service skills and a commitment to excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Interface with administrators, students, faculty and staff to develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communication plans to further the School of Law’s strategic plan focused on recruitment, engagement and increased community awareness.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to produce high-quality, compelling marketing and advertising materials, magazines, newsletters and electronic communications.
- Consult with internal clients on project-based marketing and communication needs; recommend and implement strategies to meet those needs.
- In collaboration with University Communications, develop and sustain relationships with media contacts; continuously evaluate new media channels and opportunities and cost-effective means for accessing those opportunities.
This position will report directly to the Dean of the School of Law with a dotted line to the Vice Chancellor for Marketing and Communications.
- Monitor social media and technology trends, and collaborate with internal groups on marketing-related opportunities.
- Oversee School of Law website to ensure timely and appropriate communications with various audiences; coordinate department web liaisons to insure web upkeep and consistency.
- In conjunction with University Communications brand manager, ensure communications materials meet branding guidelines.
- Establish and maintain database of School of Law history, accomplishments and initiatives to use in consistent communications messages.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and ability can be acquired is required, as well as one to two years experience in marketing, public relations, journalism, or communications, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum of three to five years marketing and advertising experience.
Graphic design proficiency to conceptualize, design and produce both printed and multimedia content.
Strong project management skills.
Experience and portfolio that demonstrates strategic leadership in marketing and communication.
Experience providing account management/client service functions and analyzing and buying media placements.
Familiarity with technology that can enhance marketing capabilities – e.g., mobile applications – and interest in proactively evaluating new technology and related opportunities.
Full Time/Part Time
Salary starts at $38,000, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
University of Missouri - Kansas City - 18 months ago