Manager of Photographic Services |
The Manager of Photographic Services is responsible for the photographic needs of the College. The photographer/videographer is responsible for high-quality, professional still photography and for shooting or producing video. The first area of commitment is to provide attention-getting photographic images that help present Brockport to multiple audiences including, but not limited to, potential students. In that effort the manager works with others in Design and Production, Marketing Communications, Admissions and Fine Arts to help create printed materials and electronic media showcasing the best Brockport has to offer. In addition, photo services covers the people, performances and events associated with the campus that are newsworthy and provide excellent examples representing the quality of life and academics on this campus.
This is a two year position with possibility of renewal.
- Associate Degree
- 2-5 years professional/commercial experience as a photographer
- Experience with professional-level DSLR
- Experience with digital workflow(s) for photos (and/or videos) including preparing images for print and web
- Expertise with related software such as Photoshop CS6, Lightroom and Final Cut Pro
- Ability to create compelling photographic or video narratives on tight deadline(s), including evenings and weekends when necessary
- Experience working in both studio and event photography (e.g. athletics, advertising, performing arts, events, publications and the web)
- Ability to adapt to the changing media and technology landscape
- Familiarity with the internet and social media
- Organization and maintenance of archival services
- Portfolio required
- MFA degree in photography, graphic design, or related major
- 5 years experience as a Professional/commercial photographer
- Experience in the higher education environment
- Proven experience in developing and producing photography for marketing and collateral materials
- Experience providing high quality photography and video for the web and social media
- Video/video camera experience
- Experience assembling final visual or audio program material
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Additional Notes To Applicants: Please attach a cover letter addressing all qualifications, resume and contact information for three professional references. Please provide us with a URL(if available) to view your portfolio.
If you are selected for an interview we will require you to bring your portfolio or provide us access to an electronic portfolio.
Official transcripts required upon hire.
All positions are subject to final budgetary approval.
Apply online at: https://www.brockportrecruit.org
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, is an EO/AA Employer.
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago