Provide leadership, direction, and support in order to position Saulsbury Industries (SI) as an injury free work place.
• Provide leadership, direction and support to SI’s procurement staff.
• Assist with the development of and oversee the Purchasing Department’s annual budget.
• Lead the procurement of engineer equipment for SI projects.
• Lead and/or coordinate the formation, negotiation and execution of national agreements and partnerships for materials and process equipment with supply chain vendors.
• Develop procurement procedures, Best Practices and work instructions to promote consistency and standardization across all SI operations.
• Develop, implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators to measure the baseline and performance improvement of the procurement effort.
• Implement and maintain SI policies with special focus on transactional matrix policy.
• Monitor trends in supplier and market movements, inform the Leadership Team of events that could affect supply and price, and develop plans to mitigate the risk to SI projects.
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
• Interface with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
• Resolve vendor grievances and issues.
• Full benefits including Company paid employee medical insurance and life insurance. Dental, vision, 401K, Profit Sharing, STD and LTD, voluntary life insurance, paid time off
• Minimum of 10 years purchasing experience in all types of commodities with particular emphasis on engineered material and equipment for the oil and gas, refining and petrochemical industries
• Minimum 5 years management experience incorporating the development administration of personnel and departmental budgets and reporting
• Construction related procurement experience, field experience highly preferred
• In depth knowledge of “best practices” in purchasing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relations skills
• Professional, ethical, team player willing to grow with the Company
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and work in an environment of changing priorities
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Willingness to travel – approximately10%
• Provide leadership, direction, and support in order to position Saulsbury Industries (SI) as an injury free work place.
Saulsbury Industries - 22 months ago