The Manager of Remote Crew Scheduling will report to Director of Remote Operations and is responsible for managing the staff of crewers who organize, negotiate and book all of the freelance engineering staffing needs for the 750-850 remote productions the Pac-12 Networks will televise. The position is based in the Pac-12 Network Studio/Offices located in San Francisco.
- Supervises and coordinates all staffing needs for over 750 remote and 200 studio productions; the crew scheduling group will hire as many as 25,000 freelance hires over the course of the season.
- Work with various levels of management, freelance hires and outside crewing companies every day.
- Revise and/or set up systems and work flow processes for the crewing staff to operate most efficiently.
- Take on direct crewing responsibilities as well utilizing their skill set and experience in crew booking.
- Work with Producers and Directors to assess and evaluate crews both before and after productions.
- Set the rates and specifications for all hires while directing the staff who coordinate all freelance technical and operation personnel to support on time, on budget, quality coverage of all remote and studio productions for the Pac-12 Networks.
- Utilizing Pac-12 Networks’ scheduling software will provide Production Managers with detailed crew assignments, individual crew rates, days scheduled, etc. for each individual event production.
- Responsible for supplying his/her staff with all associated documentation (LOA, I-9, On-boarding, T&E Policies, etc.) paperwork and making sure all staff members comply with all proper documentation, accountability and work-flow responsibilities.
- Work very closely with Production Managers, Production Coordinators, Coordinating Producers and Travel Director while ensuring that each and every production is staffed with the highest level of quality personnel within the budgeted.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the remote production crewing department.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of prior work experience in sports remote event crewing/scheduling.
- Excellent people, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated and have the ability to comprehend the extensive production operations and schedules.
- Organization and time management skills are essential to ensure staffing needs are fulfilled and on budget.
- Good knowledge of sports remote engineering technical positions.
- Previous remote sports production scheduling experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Passionate about Pac-12 and Collegiate Sports.
- Effective Interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IE, etc.
- Capable of managing multiple projects with changing deadlines.
- Strong computer, excel and phone skills are required
Pac-12 Enterprises - 11 months ago