The Manager of Revenue Accounting and Reporting is responsible for all areas relating to the Company’s revenue accounting process and internal reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining revenue accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including month end close, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting and external audit preparation.
Internal Controls and Procedures
- Manage all general accounting matters related the Company’s revenue recognition process, accounts receivable provisioning process and monthly contra rate development process.
- Direct the monthly financial close process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review and manage reviews of journal entries and account reconciliations for accuracy on a timely basis.
- Develop and monitor compliance of the Company’s accounting policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage the development and preparation of internal management reports and analyses, including but not limited to, the monthly Board Report, DCM reports and monthly close reporting packets.
- Identify and track expenses that would meet the definition of an “addback” for covenant purposes.
- Manage the development, preparation and timely submission of subsidiary financial reporting requirements, such as but not limited to, Santa Clara financial statements.
- Responsible for lease accounting, including initial review of lease documents for proper classification.
- Identify accounting process improvements.
- Provide advice on technical accounting issues, accounting practices and business process improvements.
- Review and analyze other internal financial reports and account reconciliations to validate accuracy of the accounting and to identify trends.
- Understand the business activities driving these trends.
- Participate in monthly A/R provisioning meeting.
- Work directly with the external auditors for accounting and audit matters.
- Provide schedules and documents related to the external audit of the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist in the documentation of the Company’s position on technical accounting issues, specifically revenue recognition and lease accounting, for presentation to executive management and to the Company’s external auditors.
- Assist with special projects and other initiatives as required.
- Function as a key accounting contact for the Company’s operations and billing management. Work with operations and billing managers to resolve issues, communicate accounting policies and improve business processes.
- Ensure compliance with key accounting internal controls over financial reporting, revenue recognition, A/R provisioning and leases..
- Maintain documentation of accounting processes through process maps and risk control matrices.
- Review annually process maps and related key internal controls over financial reporting for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Interface with the internal audit department and external auditors for Sarbanes-Oxley matters; Provide documentation and evidence of compliance.
- Supervision & Training Part 1: Job Objectives
- Supervise, train and develop team of senior and staff accountants.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
Minimum 5 years experience in public/private accounting with supervisory responsibilities; Big 4 and health care industry experience preferred.
Strong knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access & Power Point)
Ability to administer multiple requirements under deadlines.
Superior attention to detail.
Flexible in dealing with change.
Strong organizational, analytical and written/verbal communication skills. Project management experience a plus.
JD Edwards and Business Objects experience a plus.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in accounting required.
Closing Statement This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 14 months ago