Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry is in search of a Manager of Safety Administration located in Holland’s Corporate Office in Holland, MI. This position will report to the Director of Safety. The Manager will lead a team of 3 and is responsible for the successful execution of policies and procedure related to safety and compliance. Listed are below are some of the areas the Manager of Safety Administration will be responsible for:
Roadside Vehicle Inspections
- Analyze violations identified during Roadside Vehicle Inspections and determine appropriate corrective action(s).
- Address Hazardous Materials violations.
- Represent company in administrative procedures with government agencies, as needed.
- Compile reporting and communicate statistics regarding inspection data, as directed.
- Conduct training (e.g. Linehaul Orientation) and presentations, as applicable.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert Review for safety training curriculum.
- Develop and maintain currency of training materials on Safety-related topics.
- Manage process to record and track training.
- Administer established processes for Federal Drug Testing Program including monthly Random Pool selection and distribution of lists to YRCW.
- Administer regulatory requirements and provisions of National Master Freight Agreement (labor contract) for test results other than “negative.”
- Provide guidance on regulatory requirements and contractual applicability of DOT rules.
- Track currency of certification and manage driver disqualification.
Commercial Drivers License
- Provide guidance on regulatory requirements.
- Track CDL expirations and driver disqualifications.
- Administer process to identify special program (e.g. LCV) requirements for licensing.
Motor Vehicle Record of Violations
- Receive and review Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) of Violations for CDL-qualified Drivers.
- Advise corporate Director Safety of egregious violations or pattern of violations.
- Provide support to maintain the compliance, currency and confidentiality of the Corporate Anti-Terrorism Security Plan in relation to both regulatory and customer requirements.
- Compile and communicate to corporate office information needed to obtain permits and registrations applicable to Hazardous Materials transportation.
- Manage HazMat certification and recertification.
Hours of Service
- Provide guidance on regulatory requirements for Hours of Service
- Manage internal audit process for Hours of Service
- Provide oversight for the accuracy and completion of required OSHA logs and reports.
- Provide oversight for OSHA required training and certification.
- Act as an internal resource regarding OSHA standards as they apply to Trucking companies.
- Handle OSHA inspections site visits, complaints, and conferences.
- Research and give input regarding violations and penalties.
Driver Qualification Files
- Ensures that the Company has a process in place to maintain all documents required by the DOT.
CSA and FMCSA
- Knowledge of CSA metrics and basics.
- Experience: 5 plus years successful safety experience
- Specific skills and knowledge: In depth knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Hazardous Material Regulations, OSHA requirements, Working knowledge of safety systems including Behavioral Safety
- Experience in legal and handling litigation matters
- Bachelor’s Degree