Neustar, Inc., (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment and marketing industries throughout the world. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies in routing, addressing and authentication to its customers’ data to help them identify new revenue opportunities and network efficiencies, and institute cybersecurity and fraud protection measures. Our vision is to be the single most trusted source of commercial insight and analysis for our Customers.
Neustar is a place where the entrepreneurial spirit is strong. We embrace innovation and encourage the development of bold new ideas. This is deeply rooted in our culture and comes through in everything we do. Our world-class technology, innovative solutions and experienced employee base have been catalysts for customer success for more than a decade – infusing voice, video and data transactions with true innovation and unparalleled performance.
Neustar is looking to hire a Manager of Engineering to lead the Web Performance Management engineering team. Through the Web Performance Management solution, we provide our customers with a world class software-as-a-service (SaaS) monitoring and analytics solution to help ensure their websites and web applications are always online, fast, and reliable. Our homegrown global platform monitors our customer's websites and applications from hundreds of locations around the world, alerting them of downtime events and tracking performance trends. We build on top of open source technologies, and offer the most powerful and user friendly service on the market. We’re also growing the core product into exciting new areas such as RUM, Load Testing, APM, and advanced analytics.
- Managing the engineering team
- Collaborating with other teams on the full lifecycle development / test / support of the product line
- Working with product management to analyze the market’s needs and establish the future vision for the product
- Establishing priorities for systems design and implementation
- Supervising the estimation, planning, and tracking of projects
- Working with operations to build and maintain a stable, scalable, and always-on enterprise level monitoring system, eventually moving to a true DevOps model
- Closely collaborating with product management through an Agile/Scrum development process
- Fostering a fun, yet productive, work environment
- Recruiting engineering staff and managing a diverse and successful team
- Evangelizing and explaining the product to executives, sales teams, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required
- MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent a plus
- Extremely strong communication and collaboration skills
- 6+ years developing software
- 6+ years leading/managing software developers
- 4+ years working on scalable web applications, based on a Linux platform
- 2+ years working in an Agile/Scrum process
- Passionate about good design, unit testing, automation, and collaboration
- Proven track record of Agile practices and advocacy
- Experience managing a QA function
- Proven experience with usability testing, and user interface focus
- Experience with performance monitoring tools
- Interest in Big Data, machine learning, analytics
- The ideal candidate is someone who comes from software development background, but has been leading a team of engineers and truly enjoys the management side of things. Experience with Agile/Scrum is a must, as is deep understanding of the Web
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V.
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.
Visit us at www.neustarlife.biz
NeuStar - 8 months ago
NeuStar shines as a key provider of registry and clearinghouse services used in telecommunications and Internet networks. The company...