Manager of Store Staffing: Bloomingdale's New York, NY
The Manger of Store Staffing drives consistency of the store execution of all staffing and scheduling initiatives. The Store Staffing Manager works with the Stores to develop their PREP plans based on known priorities, previous season performances and relevant changes. They work with the stores, Director of Operations and Director of Human Resources to implement the Transition to migrate to these plans, ensuring proper expense control in the process. They work with the stores to ensure job requisitions are maintained and balanced to the appropriate budget and staffing levels. In this process, they evaluate the open requisitions to determine the best course of action as whether or not to replace, modify or close based on the business performance in the zone.
The Store Staffing Manager analyzes the monthly BAR report to identify and pursue opportunities to invest/divest/reallocate staffing based on the metrics. They identify opportunities in HUR performance in select stores / FOB’s, as well as, identifying opportunities in commission FHE usage.
They provide directional leadership to the Regionals, stores and Central in order to maximize the staffing allocation by using the available reporting and analytics.
- Supports Director in various aspects of planning Seasonal and Staffing Plans
- Analyzes weekly and monthly staffing reports (the monthly BAR report, HUR are some examples of the suite of staffing reports) to identify and pursue opportunities to invest/divest/ reallocate resources
- Publish and monitor HUR performance identifying and pursuing opportunities in select stores
- Identify opportunities in commission hours usage and directing communications to key regional and store executives to address
- Create PREP staffing plans for the stores selling / support and Outlets
- Works with the Mgr of Planning and Staffing Analytics to ensure PREP data base is accurate
- Analyzes budgets and staffing results on a regular basis to respond to the needs of the business and provide recommendations for staffing re-allocation
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations and Human Resources to manage and implement the Seasonal Transition ensuring proper staffing and expense control
- Creates the EI sheets and balances the job requisitions in each store
- Evaluates the open job requisitions to determine whether to replace, modify or close based on the business trend
- Publishes and maintains the HUR and Over Hours Usage Reports – manage these issues with the stores regional teams
- Participates in ROF calls to manage monthly expense challenges
- Publishes weekly OJR reporting and ensures its accuracy. Partners with the Regional HR Directors to drive and improve the results
- Works with the Director of Cosmetics Staffing to creates job requisitions and implement the Transition to the new Season’s Staffing plans
- Oversees seasonal planning and reporting for Holiday seasonals
- Directs the staffing planning process for the new stores
- Responsible for training Staffing team on different aspects of the business
Bloomingdale’s is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse inclusive work environment.
- 4-year college degree
- Not an entry-level position - must have a minimum of 4 years experience
- Retail background is preferred
- Must have strong technical skills including Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Execute plans by developing detailed and well-defined action steps
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Bloomingdale's - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than 40 upscale...