Qualifications: Bachelors Degree preferably in Medical Laboratory Science with minimum of three to five years demonstrated success and experience in positions of progressively increasing responsibility in a medical laboratory environment with proven leadership skills and abilities. Primary responsibilities will be logistic in nature however a strong technical background will be required to ensure the quality of the tests and testing systems. Essential duties and responsibilities include: 1. Qualifications: Bachelors Degree preferably in Medical Laboratory Science with minimum of three to five years demonstrated success and experience in positions of progressively increasing responsibility in a medical laboratory environment with proven leadership skills and abilities. Primary responsibilities will be logistic in nature however a strong technical background will be required to ensure the quality of the tests and testing systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
1. Monitor and adjust the staffing of night shifts and ensures their compliance with departmental and company policies. These duties will be performed in conjunction with the Shift Coordinators.
2. Provide leadership and supervision of the third shift staff
3. Coordinate the logistics involved in the testing across shifts and departments and to a lesser extent, the day to day operations.
4. Implement the instruments and processes as directed by the individuals in charge of the technical areas that are staffed on third shift.
5. Execute process improvement to ensure the efficiency and quality standards are met or exceeded.
6. Implement a smooth transition of testing during high volume times through the coordination of shift to shift communications and flow of samples not only within the individual departments but across departments.
7. Work with the Director of Chemistry to implement improvements to meet the efficiency and quality needs of the company and clients. Implement changes in instrumentation, instrument and supply location, and testing schedules to meet evolving business needs.
8. Ensure that competency testing and records are maintained and retrievable.
9. Coordinate the training activities of new employees as well as students on third shift.
10. Conduct regular meetings with third shifts and document these meetings through posted meeting notes.
11. Facilitate positive communication and interaction of staff with internal and external customers in order to meet and exceed the customer service standards of the company
Education Requirements (Any)
Certification Requirements (Any)
- Medical Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package along with the opportunity to be part of a unique and successful comprehensive medical testing laboratory with both hospital and reference laboratory facilities.
CompuNet maintains a safe and healthy working environment for all team members, free from the influence of drugs and alcohol. Our drug and alcohol policy includes both pre-employment, post-accident and random drug screening.
Visit our website (compunetlab.com) to learn more about us.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Greater Dayton Works - 2 years ago
If you're a Daytonian in need of a cholesterol check, CompuNet Clinical Laboratories has a vial with your name on it. The company...