About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
Farm Family is looking for a Manager of Underwriting Services to join our
Commercial /Agricultural Business Lines Underwriting Services team!
Position Description – This position focuses on managing projects and departmental initiatives. The successful candidate will have extensive systems expertise and a demonstrated ability to manage projects.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Underwriting Services liaison with other departments including R&D, Actuarial, Marketing, Claims and IT
• Represents Underwriting Services at line of business meetings (SFP, CPP, BOP, BAP, WC, Umbrella)
• Represents Underwriting Services at meetings relating to various corporate initiatives. Develops, revises and maintains underwriting guidelines, referral guidelines, submission requirement documents and binding authority documents
• Designs, develops, implements and maintains various systems, projects and initiatives including the establishment of ‘Best Practices’ and monitoring of results.
• Conducts and/or oversees book and loss analysis by line of business, class, state, agent, etc. to identify trends and assist in the development of underwriting strategies to improve growth and profitability
• Manages the existing vendor relationships and establishes new vendor relationships. This includes being the primary contact for vendors and working with the Legal and IT Departments to ensure proper contracts and security measures are in place. May also have involvement in pricing negotiations and budget analysis.
We are currently accepting applications from insurance professionals with experience in multiline commercial and/or agricultural insurance products. The ideal candidate would posses:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years of experience in commercial or agricultural insurance
· 2+ years of supervisory experience
· Underwriting experience in commercial or agricultural lines
· AINS, AU, or CPCU designation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 23 months ago