JOB PURPOSE: The position of Manager on Duty (MOD) is responsible for managing shift operations to exceeding guest expectations, accurately accounting for the parks finances, and achieving the highest levels of safety in the industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for accurate accounting and recording of park revenue. Reconciliation of all revenue sources: cash, change machines, tokens.
- Applies creativity and consistency to problem solving by providing guidance to achieve positive outcomes.
- Assists with the New Hire On-Boarding process.
- Plans and organizes employee activities of the park.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. File organization and maintenance.
- Assists the group sales team by placing phone calls, managing lists, data entry, booking groups, and providing accurate information.
- Manage shift operations to assure appropriate staffing is in place to maximize the guest experience while also managing labor costs.
- Resolve guest service issues; maintain tracking system of guest service issues.
- Assist the PARC Foundation with local projects.
- Receptionist duties.
- Manage shift operations of our Departments: Rides, Race Tracks, Food Service, Guest Service, Retail, Admissions, Park Services, and Special Events.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Assure all areas are operating in accordance with government safety standards and company rules and regulations.
- Manage park cleanliness.
- Provide feedback and coaching to Team Members to insure operations are running according to park policies and procedures while consistently delivering outstanding guest service.
- Train new hires.
- Technical Skills – experience with POS applications/reporting, Cash Control software applications, Microsoft Office products especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to advance PARC's "People First" core value, through the establishment of positive, respectful relationships and working effectively with all internal and external constituencies.
- Planning: ability to think ahead and create contingency plans.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues and to effect continual improvements by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Requires accuracy, thoroughness, and self-monitoring to ensure quality work.
- Excellent business phone etiquette including customer service and sales.
- Advanced computer proficiency required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including holidays and weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is generally moderate to high.