Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The Shared Services group is responsible for the overall accounting and monthly close process for WMG.
High Level Job Description: The Manager of Accounting for Warner Music Nashville and Word is responsible for the monthly close process and all aspects of the label accounting for WMG.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly close processes for WMN/Word, including financial statement preparation and analyses, general ledger maintenance, reconciliations, etc.
- Ownership of the full balance sheet for WMN/Word, ensuring all reconciliations are performed timely and accurately.
- Work with staff to complete submission to corporate and review of related schedules submitted to Corporate and WMN/Word in conjunction with the monthly/quarterly financials.
- Liaise with Internal and External auditors, and ensure compliance with SOX requirements, including drafting and updating process narratives, and maintenance of requirement documentation.
- Manage various WMN/Word Sales and Use tax audits and ensure compliance with respect to S&U leveraging KPMG and Corporate Tax
- Work with label finance personnel, Corporate and other divisions.
- Provide any ad hoc analysis/projects required by the director, management and WBR.
- Supervise 1-2 staff and senior accountants.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed in interacting with label finance, Corporate finance and other internal/external parties.
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure/tight deadlines.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of HFM and SAP a plus
- 4+ years of experience with a Big 4 CPA firm or experience in entertainment private industry.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA Required/In-Process
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group
- 2 years ago - save job