Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
The Senior Manager – Accounting - Business Systems is responsible for analyzing current processes, seeking improvement opportunities, creating requirements definitions, making vendor selection recommendations, managing implementation, developing documentation, conducting user training and performing the integrity maintenance of all finance global business systems projects. Primary responsibilities include project management planning, reporting, resource requirements, and time management of these projects.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing business systems projects that links to strategic objectives.
- Create financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to business leadership on key business components. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance. Propose potential solutions to complex problems.
- Relationship management with customer account teams
- Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
- Ensure effective implementation of new systems within agreed upon timeframes and budgets
- Effectively partner with region business unit leaders to create solid understanding of key financial metrics and how to track for desired results
- Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for top initiatives
- Heavy project management & systems expectations
- Execute strategic initiatives for the sub-function (Finance)
- Partner with business units to ensure support of strategic objectives for region’s internal customers.
- Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
- Foster thought leadership within account team
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Daymon business landscape and best practices within Finance.
- Lead best practice sharing and development across region
- Changing our processes and tools to facilitate change
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Bachelors of Accounting Degree and CPA Required; PMP cert a plus
- Minimum: 6 years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting; 8+ years preferred
- Strong experience in private and public accounting sectors
- Hyperion and JD Edwards experience required, Microsoft Project a plus.
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Exceptional work ethic
- Experience working with third party providers
- Solid accounting skills with accounting/IT background
Daymon - 15 months ago