Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The WMG Royalty department is responsible for rending artist and mechanical royalties based on sales of WMG product. The department services all WMG labels to ensure that royalties are issued timely and accurately.
High Level Job Description: Manage all aspects of artist royalty reporting for the Rhino records label. Oversee artist royalty processing and accounting; including the preparation and supervision of royalty rate input, rendering of statements on a quarterly and semi-annual basis, and managing internal/external royalty enquires. Supervise a staff of two analysts.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the rendering, review and payment of royalty statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise and prioritize the coding of Rhino repertoire; coordinate with Business Affairs to request contract information required to process earnings in a timely manner.
- Review accrual contracts on a monthly basis and prioritize coding to ensure timely reporting.
- Monitor, review and approve royalty contract rate setups entered in the royalty system by staff in accordance with internal control procedures.
- Review recoupable costs coded to statements on a quarterly basis to ensure timely and accurate recoupment.
- Provide account information to Label Finance to ensure the accurate coding of recoupable costs.
- Liaise with Business Affairs department to ensure royalty terms are executed in accordance with the contract.
- Liaise with Licensing Department to ensure 3 rd party licensing accounts and royalty terms are setup in accordance with agreements.
- Coordinate, review and approve account and vendor maintenance requests.
- Review and reconcile payment proposals when generated.
- Provide cash forecast estimates to SSA on a fortnightly basis.
- Liaise with Audit, Business Affairs and Participations departments to provide information and process requests.
- Assist in financial month end close; provide management with royalty rate information needed for accrual purposes and prepare and approve royalty adjustments and journal entries as required.
- Assist Director, Royalty Accounting with unclaimed property review and compliance as necessary.
- Field internal/external inquiries and respond in an effective, courteous and timely manner.
- Oversee and ensure that all department internal controls are adhered to and maintained.
- Assign special projects to staff as required.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by Director, Royalty Accounting.
- Strong interpersonal communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills especially MS Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong systems knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and financial aptitude.
- At least 4-5 years royalties/residual experience, music industry royalty experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with interpreting recording contracts required.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Experience managing staff preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 16 months ago