Manager, Bank Compliance-Consumer Marketing-13004358
This position will be a key member of the US Banking Compliance Team at American Express. The position requires the provision of general Compliance oversight and guidance in the management of an effective Compliance program for the Consumer Marketing Business, with specific exposure to Digital and Social media marketing strategies. There will also be a particular focus on Compliance risk assessments for new product development and the conduct of detailed Compliance reviews of advertising materials across all marketing channels. This position will also and specifically:
- Review proposed marketing campaign strategies and advertising materials across all relevant regulations, including Reg Z, Reg B, UDAAP and Fair Lending.
- Assist in the provision of ongoing support and thought leadership for the US Card issuing Banks affiliate oversight compliance program
- Assist in the provision of ongoing support and thought leadership for other Compliance risk management initiatives: such as developing, monitoring and testing frameworks with respect to processes, policies and procedures specific to Marketing
- Effectively manage the Bank’s Corrective Action process and policy to ensure timely closure of gaps and customer remediation where required.
- Liaise as and when required with other stakeholders, including the relevant Regulators, the internal Independent Compliance Testing teams, the Internal Audit Group, General Counsel’s Office, the Privacy Office and Brand teams.
- Develop close relationships with business partners and be highly engaged during all phases of new product development and implementation.
- Drive implementation of policy and regulatory requirements in the areas of consumer protection, credit card practices, banking, privacy and other relevant federal, state and local regulations throughout product design and marketing campaign development.
The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications:
* Strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to consumer protection, privacy, and advertising, which include Reg Z, Reg B, UDAAP and Fair Lending. Prior knowledge and experience in a Credit Card Compliance function or Bank Compliance at a reputable financial institution will be viewed positively.
* Minimum 3-5+ years financial services compliance experience, preferably within a consumer banking organization
* Demonstrated strong control mindset.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence through collaboration and building effective relationships with business partners, yet maintaining necessary independence to execute the responsibilities of this position.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a highly deadline-intensive environment is required.
* Strong attention to detail and effective written and oral communication skills are required.
* Strong collaborative skills and experience leading and working in a matrix environment and on cross-functional teams.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience; Compliance certification preferred.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 17 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...