Reports to: Director
A trusted health insurer for more than 75 years, Medical Mutual is the largest health insurance company headquartered in the state of Ohio and, with annual revenues of over $2.7 billion and surplus of $1.2 billion, rated one of the most financially secure health insurers in Ohio. As a mutual company, we operate for the benefit of our members without needing to meet the demands of stockholders or Wall Street analysts. Instead, we focus on developing products and services that allow us to better serve our customers and the communities around us and help our members achieve their best possible health and quality of life. Medical Mutual has an immediate need for a Manager, Customer Care. The Manager will report directly to the Director, Operations and oversee the customer care/ contact center.
The Customer Care Manager will be responsible for the leadership and direction of departmental business functions of the customer care/contact center. This position will plan, manage and oversee the high volume, fast-paced responsibilities of the contact center, while mentoring and developing staff towards the attainment of department goals, enhancing the overall customer service experience and meeting/exceeding customer satisfaction.
• Improve the Customer Experience:
o Support the adoption and enforcement of the vision, mission and slogan statements.
• Manage Change:
o Promote new ideas to support and effectively communicate overall departmental vision and strategy and how that fits into departmental or divisional goals and projects.
Customer Care Dept. Leadership
• Monitor and Analyze:
o Take decisive action to monitor and analyze daily statistics and reports to proactively assess data and make recommendations to ensure meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
o Identifying and articulating reporting requirements, which includes targets, specific data, and anticipated outcomes.
• Team Support:
o Work closely with other departments, along with own team in a positive and professional manner to form a cohesive working environment.
o Ensure all requests are completed in a timely manner and followed-up with accordingly.
o Implement divisional and cross-functional projects and tasks as assigned or necessary, ensuring adherence to time frames and expected outcomes.
• Positive Personal Influence:
o Communicate ideas and objectives in a clear, concise and professional manner. Work effectively with internal and external team members, and proactively discern areas that need to be addressed sooner rather than later
• Escalated/complaint issues, customer resolution
o Address both internal and external customer issues that have been escalated beyond the initial tiers of customer support proactively and timely.
o Proactively assesses data and makes recommendations to support corporate and divisional initiatives for improvements to be made for the retention of customers.
o Identify, recommend and support the implementation of various programs through collaboration of other areas for the improvement of the overall customer experience.
• Improve Customer Service Experience:
o Ensure employee focus is on enhancing the overall customer service experience by coaching and mentoring employees to be motivated, efficient and challenged.
o Manage a staff of approximately 3 - 4 supervisors, with indirect responsibility for 40 -75 people, including employment decisions, performance management, compensation and reward planning and employee development.
• Performance Goals:
o Establish clear measurable goals and development plans with staff and provide supporting direction to attain those objectives.
o Coach, develop, and motivate staff (ensure employee satisfaction). Identify and address staff performance issues. Create performance action plans and determine forward actions.
o Listen to calls and/or review correspondence (as applicable) to ensure the supervisors are providing the necessary coaching and development needed to the reps.
o Ensure staff is properly trained and stays current with ongoing business changes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or related field), advanced degree or specialized training is a plus; 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a customer service or call center environment with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience.
• In lieu of degree, minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a call center with a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing or supervising staff. Demonstrated results in continuously improving business and customer outcomes in significant and quantifiable ways.
• Management Focus- Comfortable stepping into a difficult situation, taking charge, and making things happen. Organizing of activities; delegation of workload; provides direction; communication of expectations; monitoring of progress; and the value of constructive yet candid feedback.
• Effective Communication- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and capability to work effectively with all levels of the corporation, executives and key decision makers or account representatives. Able to involve and influence others to lend their support in an effort. Can establish effective working relationships with internal and external business associates.
• Customer Focus- Demonstrates understanding of customer and employee needs in managing own work and the work of others; actively seeks their input and feedback, as appropriate.
• Builds Successful Teams- Using appropriate methods & flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
• Facilitates Change- Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
• Strategic Decision Making- Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Performs work in an office environment in which there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
• Flexible to varying schedules as needed.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please visit our website at: http://www.medmutual.com/global/careers/default.aspx. Medical Mutual offers competitive compensation packages, excellent benefits programs, an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and generous paid time off.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Medical Mutual of Ohio - 12 months ago
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6...