The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the administration of the organization's labor and employee relations programs, policies, and procedures. This includes the administration of collective bargaining agreements, grievance investigations, arbitration preparation, preliminary responses to unfair labor practice charges and union awareness training. Consistently applies and interprets company policies and procedures to ensure proper compliance with government laws, regulations and company policies and procedures. Conducts investigations, resolves complaints and coaches business leaders regarding performance management issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, administration, support and management of employee relations functions;
- Research complex labor and employee issues, and if necessary, coordinate efforts with Corporate HR and/or Legal;
- Advise and assist Divisional and Plant Management Teams in the proper application of Company HR Programs;
- Provide consultation and mediation regarding work-related issues, conflicts, and discipline policy/procedures questions, contract interpretation;
- Oversee and assist Plant Management Teams' proactive promotion of positive employee relations environment in both union and non-union environments;
- Assess and define current state of Management Development functions and propose new strategies to improve processes when necessary;
- Create materials which will assess and inform management on pertinent work force issues and concerns;
- Monitor and report on employee morale by working with Plant Management Teams to proactively addressing employee relations and identify potential legal concerns;
- Assist with interpreting policies, regulations and programs in a manner conductive to Company goals and values;
- Design and train HR Business Partners in investigation routine employee relations issues. Keep team current on changes in employment laws and recent litigations impaction our industry;
- Provide Human Relations training at all levels of Plant operations as needed;
- Review exit interviews and summarize data for management review;
- Other duties as assigned by Director Labor Relations.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must have minimum five (5) years Employee Relations experience with at least three(3) years working in a union environment.
- Must have had training and actual experience in all phases of Employee/Labor Relations. This experience must include all aspects of union interface to include knowledge of NLRB requirements, collective bargaining and guidance to operating teams.
- Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA and EEO laws.
- Must be proficient in various Software applications including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Dairy Farmers of America
- 2 years ago - save job