Posting Job Title Manager, Engineering - TWC Sports Requisition # 140528BR Posting Location Columbus, OH, US Area of Interest Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description SUMMARY
Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining broadcast infrastructures in the TWC Midwest Local Programming. The responsibilities require some IT and systems integrations knowledge. Moderate to extensive travel required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess, oversee, and maintain broadcast and production infrastructures.
- Manage the engineering logistics, planning, and design for the Mid-West region.
- Responsible for facility upgrades and technical facility build-outs.
- Provide technical expertise and engineering support to lead the engineering employees.
- Responsible for managing and developing tactical strategies when producing local events and making responsible experienced decisions associated with distribution of production content in a timely manner whether on a live or recorded basis.
- Work closely with local and Sr. management.
- Oversee and maintain broadcast and production infrastructures. Including the areas of responsibility below:
Control Rooms/Production Trucks - Ross Carbonite production switchers, Snell production switchers, Chyron CGs, studio cameras, audio consoles and multi-viewers
Master Control/Media Management - Evertz master control switcher and routers, Dalet automation, and Tally systems
Edit Suites - Apple Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Editors
Newsroom - Dalet newsroom automation and Dalet desk Edits
Equipment Center and Transmission - Evertz routing system, Dalet Brio Server I/Os, Server-based weather systems, RTS or ClearCom Intersom system, Dalet services and harmonic encoders.
Systems Design - Knowledge of CAD and systems documentation.
- Maintain and repair production equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years of management experience.
- Experience in the field of broadcast engineering, remote production, and IT required.
- Knowledge of television systems and operations.
- Maintenance and design experience.
- Knowledge of electronics and IT.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
FCC Unit_TWC NWNYC Controlling Establishment ID 00026 - Columbus Olentangy
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...