In the role of Manager, Export Operations, this individual will proactively oversee all export compliance matters for AGI and its subsidiaries. Reporting to the COO, s/he will work both independently and with other members of the organization to facilitate, authorize, assess, and ensure compliance with company policies, and U.S. export laws and regulations.
- All aspects of export compliance across AGI, driving and leading the implementation of the export compliance program (particularly ITAR and EAR)
- Serve as an ITAR empowered official and designated point of contact on export matters
- Coordinate as necessary with personnel to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance with company policies/procedures and export laws and regulations
- Provide export determinations, prepare, submit, track, and monitor requisite applications
- Provide export compliance risk advice to senior management
- Interact with other functional areas including Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, and Contracts to develop export licensing strategies and documents such as technical assistant agreements (TAA)
- Work closely with Information Systems (IS) and the Security Department to adapt processes to shifting risks and threats
- Represent the company’s compliance perspective at various Business Development and Program Management meetings
- Develop and adapt export compliance strategies to meet anticipated regulatory requirements changes
- Prepare, implement, and enhance and maintain instructions, policy statements, and forms to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations
- Ensure that all files are current, complete and fully documented and in compliance with federal laws and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with in-house attorneys and outside counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, patent, copyright and intellectual property matters
- Develop, plan, and conduct export compliance training for AGI employees
- Participate in a variety of interesting international trade compliance matters and perform other export related duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and requirements:
AGI offers competitive compensation, incentive, and benefits package including 401(k), profit sharing, and health/dental/vision, along with an award-winning work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (emphasis on international business, MBA, or law a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience managing export compliance programs
- 5+ years as an ITAR empowered official
- 5+ years’ experience with EAR regulations
- Participation in internal and external audits
- Working knowledge of export-related laws and regulations, including ITAR, EAR, OFAC, Anti-Boycott regulations and others, as well as their significance to AGI operations
- Experience in defense and aerospace industries is strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, problem solving abilities, good judgment, and the proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management are required
- Must be goal oriented, capable of working independently, have excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and writing skills
- MS Office Suite software, specifically Excel and Word are required
- Must have persistence, initiative, attention to detail and the proven ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
- Security clearances or ability to attain them a plus
- JD and/or MBA a plus
- Experience with intellectual property, patents and copyrights a plus
- Experience working collaboratively with relevant government agencies a plus
Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) does not accept unsolicited employment agency / recruiter resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website, to our HR Department or to any AGI employee. AGI will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm who was not issued a search assignment from AGI’s HR Department. AGI will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AGI and will be processed accordingly.
AGI - Analytical Graphics, Inc. - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) delivers software applications and development tools for timely and cost-effective development and...