"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides specialized knowledge, skill, and competency as an expert Fetal Center Manager. Provides prenatal clinical consultation, education, care coordination, and counseling to women pregnant with multiple gestations, a fetus with an anomaly or requiring fetal intervention/surgery.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Provides age appropriate care for one or more of the following age groups routinely (Neonate, Infant, Child, Adolescent, Adult).
2. Oversees the management of individual patient surgery schedules.
3. Manages the care of patients from referral/intake to surgical procedure including accompanying patient to the operating room.
4. Assist in set up and scrub/circulate based on assessed competency validated by or leadership/educator.
5. Ensures that information on patient status/procedure is communicated back to primary/referring providers in a timely manner.
6. Participates in clinical research studies including IRB enrollment and data collection.
7. Serves as a consultant to physicians and patients regarding post-visit/procedure follow-up.
8. Manages services to high risk-pregnant women.
9. Develops and implement procedures.
10. Responsible and accountable for the initial consultation and care coordination of Fetal Center patients.
11. Manages nursing care of anomaly patients across various departments and sub-specialty services by demonstrating commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills.
12. Manages nursing care of fetal intervention patients across service lines by demonstrating commitment to team flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills.
13. Collects and maintains data on all Fetal Center patient referrals and consults.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Masters Degree in Nursing with a Pediatric Nurse Practionier Focus and a minimum of five years of nursing experience in obstetrics required. Outpatient nursing experience and/or knowledge of operating room procedures preferred.
- Current Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse/APRN.
- Certified as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) required
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard