Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Sales team covering territory in North & South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Northern Florida.
This position is responsible for conducting pre-retirement planning seminars for ICMA-RC clients and employees and individual financial planning sessions for the high-balance investors. The goal is to establish ICMA-RC as the sole necessary resource for financial planning guidance both in advance of and throughout actual retirement. The seminars will be both a broad educational outreach effort and a mechanism to identify and acquire new business.
Significant travel is required (up to 60%).
Essential functions for this role include:
• Using highly effective presentation and personal communication skills, conduct retirement planning seminars and one-on-one financial counseling sessions to the employees of ICMA-RC's clients throughout the assigned geographic area.
• Using knowledge of clients and information gleaned during presentations, achieve sales goals based on revenue producing assets and retention of high balanced participants in the assigned territory.
• Responsible for staying current on all ICMA-RC products and services as well as initiatives in the industry at large.
• Must be able to drive to majority of meeting locations.
• May be required to present to 2nd and 3rd shifts both before and after normal business hours.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience
• 5-7 years of Financial Services experience with extensive client interaction. Some sales experience also required.
• Demonstrated sales and negotiation skills
• Effective presentation skills to large groups
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
• Thorough knowledge of 457, 401, IRA and annuity products
• Thorough knowledge of ICMA-RC products and services
• FINRA Series 6, 63 (CFP replaces 65), CFP required.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
ICMA-RC - 18 months ago