"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Manages and oversees assigned areas, including HCPC Facilities management. In coordination with the Director of Facilities Planning defines and establishes goals for all assigned areas.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come join an exciting opportunity at our Facilities Department at our Harris County Psychiatric Center!
- Directs the efforts of the facilities superintendent and other staff in accomplishing routine and preventive maintenance efforts and plant operations.
- Serves as the representative for facilities on committees related to hospital accreditation and quality improvement and prepares the various reports required.
- Provides input related to the planning, design and execution of projects and monitors their progress.
- Manages the inventory of available space and ensures space planning is executed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manages human resources activities of the department in regards to recruiting, hiring, terminations, performance evaluations and related activities.
- Oversees the services provided by housekeeping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent with a minimum of five years of successful administrative and managerial experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Bachelor's degree in a construction related field preferred.
- A general understanding of central plant equipment and general building and utility systems is required.
- Ability to perform space planning using AutoCad is desirable.
- Excellent writing skills are required in addition to excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...