As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Manages the Advanced Problem Resolution (APR) team and technical support operations for the USPTO, where GDIT is a subcontractor to a small business.
1. Manages all activities related to staffing and operation of the APR Team, coordinating with the Prime contractor's Service Delivery Manager and Program Manager.
2. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
3. Writes annual performance reviews for all members of the APR Team.
4. Maintains daily metrics to ensure individual and team performance is meeting expectations.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures designed to continually improve services delivered.
6. Understands how to measure the success or failure of established performance guidelines and policies.
7. Performs two supervisory roles: first, as the contractual role of APR Team Lead described above, and second, as GDIT supervisor to all GDIT and subcontractor staff on the team.
8. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of IT experience, preferably to include 2 years in a Service Desk environment with directly related experience supporting help desk advanced problem resolution operations, including supervisory experience.
Holds one or more: A+, Help Desk Institute (HDI), or Microsoft certifications, preferably Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent. If these certification(s) are not current, employee must achieve certification within 60 days of hire to ensure continued employment. ITIL certification a plus.
This position requires strong written and communication skills, leadership qualities which include the ability to motivate employees to accomplish goals, time management capabilities which highlight multitasking expertise and attention to detail when producing reports for customers or GDIT management.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 15 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...