Human Resources Manager
I. Job Overview:
Reporting to the Director, Retail Human Resources Operations, this multi-state, multi-unit regional generalist position is responsible for employee relations, policy interpretation, staffing, recruiting, and succession planning. As a key business partner to the retail leadership team, the HR Manager will create and/or execute human resources initiatives and be an integral part of the team.
1. Develop an in-depth understanding of the retail business within Panera to insure that HR programs add value to the business.
2. Strong working knowledge and experience with applying, interpreting, and insuring compliance with state, local, and federal employment laws.
3. Consult with line managers and employees on employee relation issues and problems to ensure that employees are fairly and equitably treated, to ensure legal guidelines are followed, and to create an employer-of-choice environment.
4. Manage the recruiting process to insure that all cafe management position are staffed to the appropriate levels. Work with the internal recruitment team to communicate hiring needs and collaborate with retail management to hire the highest quality candidates. Insure that the Panera on-boarding process is followed for all new hires.
5. Diagnose Human Resources needs and problems to recommend solutions and to deliver high quality programs that result in the organization's improved performance and retention. Identify succession planning gaps and drive a culture of development for Bakery-Café managers and future market Leaders. Provide guidance to leaders in the use and application of Human Resources policies and practices in recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and administration.
6. Makes recommendations on best practices, develop & drive training programs to facilitate positive employee relations & HR education amongst leaders.
III. Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, equivalent degree or equivalent related experience
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, practices, and controlling governmental agencies (e.g. EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, OSHA, etc…)
- 5 - 7 years generalist Human Resources experience required in retail or the retail restaurant business.
- High energy, flexible, willing to travel 50%.
- Independent professional capable of forming relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Intermediate knowledge of HR Disciplines (Staffing, Performance Management, Compensation/Benefits/Rewards and Employee Relations) including legal implications and requirements.
- Outstanding Interpersonal Skills.
- Outstanding ability to effectively coach District Managers on performance management & management employee relations while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Outstanding Oral and Written Communications.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and provide necessary follow-through.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Multi-unit, multi-state experience preferred.
Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs.
Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North America,...