The Huntington, West Virginia Manufacturing campus employs more than 750 people who support the manufacture of Intraocular Lens (IOLs) and IOL delivery systems, operating a 3-shift operation. Alcon is ranked first in world-wide sale and distribution of IOLs, and the majority of lenses sold throughout the world are made at the Huntington facility. Manufacturing processes include a Class 10,000 clean room, injection molding and automated packaging. For more information visit www.alcon.com.
A person in this role will be required to provide managerial oversight to 6-8 front line Production Supervisors and production activities medical device manufacturing environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure compliance to ISO/GMP, corporate and local quality systems and other regulatory standards.
• Monitor and proactively respond to safety issues and pursuit of both leading and lagging indicators.
• Monitor and respond to daily operations of production unit and actively assists; provide direction to subordinates as required. Define and clarify objectives in Manufacturing.
• Develop and analyze tools and system to respond to issues regarding; Resources, Yield, Work-In-Progress (WIP), Cycle time, OEE, etc.
• Manage, coordinate, and facilitate projects in manufacturing, including guiding and developing these skills in Supervisors
• Assess, create and review Development plans for all Supervisors and key individuals in the organization. Pursue operational changes that benefit the Direct Labor and reduce barriers to performance. Manage the culture and behaviors toward the department goals. Provided consistent and honest feedback to all reports.
• Interface with all levels of management and departments to convey issues develop solutions and implement strategies.
Some weekend hours may be required to meet production need.
Candidates must be fluent in English and possess a minimum of Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Business, Chemistry (or similar science), or Engineering. Candidates must have a minimum of 8-12 years of experience within a supervisory role in a manufacturing operation. Candidates must .have demonstrated successful performance (leadership, verbal and written skills, conflict resolution) project management skills, and superior knowledge of cGMP's and Manufacturing Policies, Standards and Procedures
Preferred Skills/Experience: Any of the following may be considered preferred experience: Prior experience supervising within the medical device industry; supervising/working within an automated manufacturing process (Class 10000 cleanroom); knowledge and application of optical test equipment; knowledge and application of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) metrics; experience in defining end-user requirements for new automation systems in regards to a manufacturing viewpoint; experience with polypropylene molding.
Novartis - 4 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...