JOB SUMMARY: Manages activities and staff responsible for IT Analysis. Responsible for the elicitation of the objectives to be achieved by an envisioned IT solution, the operationalization of such objectives into specifications of IT capabilities, and the assignment of responsibilities for the resulting IT solutions. Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities. Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the activities of the analysis responsibilities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Director/AVP: responsible for a team of 3-6 analysis staff.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages all activities and functions of a staff involved with the analysis, definition, specification, development, testing, documentation and installation of new and/or existing applications.
2. Manages a team responsible for defining and analyzing current business processes. Facilitates the definition and design of future state business processes. Manages a team who performs functional analysis and design, including functional alignment, scope definition and negotiation, business process design, and strategic planning.
3. Manages a team responsible for performing multiple aspects of the requirements specification function, including requirements prioritization and functional and non-functional specification development. Successfully uses appropriate methodologies and techniques for assigned projects.
4. Manages a team responsible for performing requirements validation activities, including functional validation and traceability, consensus building, requirements management, and static testing.
5. Manages a team responsible for defining and analyzing current state technology. Manages the analysis and definition of the impact to the systems environment. Manages the performance of user experience design and specification, design validation, static and dynamic modeling and solution analysis and design activities.
6. Manages a team involved in test planning, test requirement definition, test design, test script, test data development, test automation, test environment development and script configuration management as well as test execution and communication of test results to customers, developers and other IT partners.
7. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the IT environment as a whole, including information flows, applications and infrastructure, and IT solution roadmaps. Interprets changes and innovations across the application portfolio. Identifies new opportunities for the business through information technology.
8. Manages all activities and functions of a staff involved with the analysis, definition, specification, development, testing, documentation and installation of new and/or existing applications.
9. Position is a first-level manager and has direct responsibility for people management. In addition to project deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management, and pay determination and communication. Responsible for the management of associates including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science management information systems, business administration, Usability and Design/Human Factors, insurance or related field is preferred.
Knowledge: Thorough understanding of the Nationwide business. Thorough knowledge of the Solution Delivery Framework and Methodology. Thorough knowledge of development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or Rational Unified Process (RUP). Thorough knowledge in one or more technical areas that support application development, applications, or infrastructure components. Sound knowledge, analysis, and application of emerging and/or best practices in business process management methodologies and semantics. Industry certification is preferred.
Experience: Eight years of experience in related IT professions, including at least four years of experience in IT Analysis. Management experience is preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated ability to transform the business through the innovative application of technology. Expert analytical ability to understand functional requirements and determine their impact to business objectives. Demonstrated ability to identify and highlight deviations between current and to-be states and effectively communicate them to the primary stakeholders. Expert ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential information. Expert ability to work with the user community and project team to define scope and ensure that it remains within the boundaries of the project objectives. Demonstrated ability to define the capabilities that an IT Solution must perform in support of the user's needs. Demonstrated ability to manage requirements volatility, integrity and continuity via change management and reprioritization.
Demonstrated ability to use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical problems. Expert knowledge and demonstrated expertise in Conceptual design, User-centered design, end-to-end experience design, Information architecture, Workflow analysis, User research & validation, business acumen, use of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies & tools, Workforce planning and management, ESDm, requirements specification, static testing, traceability, test script creation/execution, test strategy creation/execution. Demonstrated competence in the following skills: Interaction design, Visual & page design, rapid prototyping, Usability, Contextual inquiry/analysis.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Vice President and Human Resources.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...